Thursday, January 10, 2013

CBS is KILLING it!

SPOILERS FOR:  THE BIG BANG THEORY, PERSON OF INTEREST and ELEMENTARY


If this Next Generation Big Bang Theory picture doesn't say it all then you understand nothing.  That's right CBS killed it tonight with ALL three shows I follow on Thursday nights.  Big Bang Next Generation, amazing, Person of Interest kept me interested the whole hour and GOOD LORD was Elementary fantastic!  Be ready for a rant internet cuz here it comes.

Even though I really REALLY want to start with Elementary because I watched it hand to mouth, bug eyed for the entire hour, but I will save the best for last and start with BBT.  Tonight's Big Bang Theory clearly exhibited my definition of nerd.  Something you are irrationally obsessed with and will fight about until you lose friends.  The girls discovered this as they wondered why the boys are so obsessed with comics.  They even wonder out loud how something fake could spark such intense passion.  Such intense passion, in fact, that the boys go to a small ComicCon dressed as cast members of Next Generation, Sheldon as Data, Raj as Worf, Leonard as Capt. Jean Luc Picard and Howard as a Borg.  FYI- I practically grew up on Next Generation so imagine my squeals of delight as each cast member was revealed, though I wonder why they left Riker out.  I would have thought Howard would want to be the sexy bearded Number 1.  This is the most exciting part of the boys story.  They go to the desert where many Star Trek episodes were filmed to take pics, their car gets stolen and nobody will pick up the nerds.  That's that.

The girls plot was what interested me.  They decide to read some comics in order to understand their boys irrational obsessions better.  At first they don't get it, finding the comics stupid.  But then they start arguing by who could weild Thor's hammer and it gets out of control.  I love this because 90% of the time the things I nerd-out about I hated at first.  But then the more I think about it, the more I theorize, I become obsessed.  The girls fight the rest of the episode culminating in my favorite lines about whether or not Red Hulk could wield the hammer,
Amy:  HOW COULD RED HULK BE WORTHY?!
Bernadette:  YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE!

I'll be brief with Person of Interest.  I enjoyed the episode as it wasn't the usual get a number save a life plot. This was all about getting John out of jail with vignettes of Fusco doing the get a number save a life thing.  Actually Fusco was quite hilarious, saving some sexy Russian gal from some gun wielding baddies.  It was also good to see Elias again, who in turn helps John get out.  Just when John gets out PLOT TWIST he and Carter get caught then PLOT TWIST Johns past catches up with him.  This proves to lead into more interesting things in upcoming episodes.

Now for the creme de la creme.  Elementary was freaking awesome because THIS happened:


Vinnie Jones vs Jonny Lee Miller.  Fucking Brilliant.  They could have done the whole damn episode with just the two of them because they are so superb.  Jonny Lee Miller you are AH-MAZING.  Just, gosh, he had me hand to mouth the entire episode.  He is such an underrated actor, what he did in tonight episode was soul sucking, I nearly cried.  That's right, Johnny Lee is the actors version of a dementor.

Now, I'm kind of sad to have learned that Vinnie Jones isn't actually Moriarty, but if they cast him as the henchmen can you even imagine who M might really be?  There is about a 20 minute long scene where Sherlock considers killing this man he thinks is M and the play between Jones and Miller is pure poetry, but I have to say every time Jones opened his mouth I expected bullet teeth.  AND this was the first time I was interested in what Watson was doing, she is finally opening up, TOUCHING a weeping Sherlock.

DAMNIT NATIONAL THEATRE GIVE US FRANKENSTEIN on DVD!
Okay, seriously I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. i loved bbt tonight, i was laughing like crazy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I thought the show was going down hill but tonight really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete