Sunday, July 28, 2013

In The Evening: True Blood Pros and Cons (spoilers)



This may be one of the most epically heartbreaking episodes of True Blood ever.  I don't know who has been writing this season, but kudos to him/her because this season is truly fantastic, the show hasn't been this good since season 2.  I am not a crier, but I won't lie, tears almost broke my waterline at least four times, and as a woman who wears a ton of makeup nearly breaking the waterline is basically balling.  I am so happy with the season that my heart has grown two sizes... or, unlike Lafayette I forgot to take my betablockers.

Cons:

  • I watch True Blood on HBOgo, and Alcide's face was the thumbnail for this episode.  I am so over Alcide that even his face annoys me.
  • Gross Sarah, who the fuck not only touches, but kisses a severed head.  Your crazy ass is disgusting, you get mad at Jason for having sex with a vampire, but your making out with your hours dead lover's severed head.
  • I am not digging this Sarah Newlin plotline, there was never any evidence that Sarah was this smart.
  • How come time didn't pass weird from Fairy world?  Shouldn't it be like a year later that Sookie comes back?  Seriously, the fairy rules make zero sense.
  • It is weird to see the girl I watched growing up on Full House have a shower sex scene.  Especially since I don't care at all for either character.
Did I just ruin your childhood a little?
  • The wolves are either disgusting or boring.  Why do they exist again?
  • Didn't Nicole get bit by a werewolf?  Why is she okay like three days later?
  • JESSICA!  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE SEX WITH PEOPLE WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE TOTALLY HEAD OVER HEALS IN LOVE WITH YOU!  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?  JASON LOVES YOU!  UUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  You cannot understand how much this upset me, even though I am really into that James fellow.
  • Sookie seems to get so annoyed when she doesn't understand what's going on, like with Andy's fairy kid.  Well no shit Sookie, you haven't bothered with anybody in ages.
  • Woah, Sarah is not rocking the beehive.
  • Oh stupid Alcide.  Why would you lie to your white trash wolf pack.  Now their going to do white trash things to you.
  • I have never been a fan of the flashbacks on this show.  The only flashback I enjoyed was Pam's, but this Eric/Nora flashback looks like a bad imitation of Interview With A Vampire.  They literally copied what happened to Claudia.  That's not okay True Blood, I will always the Vampire Chronicles more.  Always.

  • Sorry Eric, but your no Lestat.
Pros:
  • Jason is really good at acting apparently.  Then again, he's on and off hated vampires since season 3.
  • Eric is really sexy when he's a bad boy and even sexier when he is caring for Nora.
  • Pam could be sexy even in scrubs, even if her downward facing dog was a hot mess.
  • The exchange between Willa and Pam was interesting.  They were obviously feeling each other out, but it was a great mixture of tension and respect.
  • Eric is BREAKING MY HEART!  "Please heal her for me!"
  • Yummy Warlow tushy.  Also, Sookie's body is ROCKING.
  • OH GREAT!  NOW ARLENE IS BREAKING MY HEART!
  • Oh good.  Sookie remember's Arlene is her friend.
  • Yo, Arlene is giving some award winning acting here.
  • It seems like the cast is reconnecting over Terry's death.  Characters who have been separated for seasons are talking again, even Sam is getting involved, "Not being there is not an option."  It's nice to see the cast falling back into place as a unit and not several off-shooting plotlines.
  • Jason's gentleness with Jessica was so beautiful, it almost made me a little weepy, even if he did say "Stockholder Syndrome."  Then Jessica had to go and ruin it.
  • To see Sookie helping her friends again feels right.  It's been too long with her being kind of selfish, even though the whole idea of her character is that she helps people to a fault.  I'm happy she is helping Arlene.
  • Sexy, non-sex vampire is sexy.  I may be falling in love with James.
  • It's good to see Bill and Eric having a "whose dick is bigger" competition again.  Even as Eric pleads to Bill to save Nora, you know he still totally thinks his dick is bigger.
  • Drunk Arlene is both sad and hilarious.
  • Bill walks in, "Holy Fuck."
  • When was the last time Arlene interacted with Bill (or any vampire but Jessica)?  That interaction was fan-fucking-tastic.
  • Lala always knows how to be awesome, "I'm so glad I took my fuckin' beta blockers, DUECES!"
  • I LOVE Pam's therapy sessions.  She plays that therapist like a vio-fucking-lin.  Between her sexy couch poses and slipping in lines like "I was a whore in my human life."  Go deep Pam, go deep.
  • FUCK YES TARA!  SAVE JASON!  Tara you are so awesome this seaosn... I don't know about this prison bitch, but I'm interested to see where this goes.
  • OH!  OH NO!  ERIC'S TEARS!  THEY ARE KILLING MY HEART!  I WANT Nora to die, but Eric's devastation is devastating me!  OH MY GOD!  This is the most heartbreaking scene EVER on True Blood.  Ok, maybe it ties with Sookie's grandma's murder.  But OH ERIC!  OH, I almost has a tear spill over!
This season is so good!  I get so nervous that every new episode is going to ruin the awesome, but they haven't!  And we are so close to the end!  This is a season to look back on and say, "Season 6, that was the season that saved True Blood."

No comments:

Post a Comment